Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Laters Gaters

Sooooooo what a brilliant day today has been! And all totally unexpected too.

Started off with an MOT at the doctors, who is ecstatic at how well I'm doing since the op. I've lost five stones now and only three and a half to go before I am officially skinny. I never thought I'd see the day when I could even allow myself to think I might reach that goal before!

From there I went to Argos to get some proper weights for my exercise regime. Up till now I've been using one 3kg hand weight I picked up god knows where years ago. So this time I bought proper cast iron ones with a combined weight of 20kg plus the weight of the bars to slot them on. What I didn't give thought to was how the hell I would ever carry them home! Seven carrier bags and a cab ride later I finally made it up the stairs to my flat with em. I guess I should have bought the 20kg plastic ones instead eh?

Then I got a call from my pal Tracy who I was supposed to meet for a drink tonight asking if I'd rather go to this week's recording of Later with Jools Holland. Hell Yeah!

So off we went to Shepherd's Bush and one of the first people I saw in the studio was my comedy chum Kevin McCarthy aka the Man with the Beard who I haven't had the pleasure of working with for far too long! Sadly we weren't deemed 'cool' enough to be allowed to sit at one of the tables at the front, but it was cool enough standing at the back.

The line-up was a wonderful blend of old and new with Joe Cocker, Cold War Kid, The Cribs, Kate Nash, Simply Red and the incredible Patti Smith, all playing live.

The beauty of going to this show is that you get two or three songs by each act which is plenty. At my age time is far too short to be standing in a stinky venue listening to a bunch of album fillers. As much as I enjoyed most of the stuff I saw tonight, the only one I wanted to see more of was Patti Smith. She was absolutely incredible...I might even try and see her do a proper gig.

I even got home in time to catch Bennet Aaron's 'How Not To Lose Your Identitiy' documentary on C4...how scarily easy is it for someone to become you?????? I'm gonna get me a shredder pronto!

The icing on the cake was the peaceful resolution of the personal problem that's been causing me agonies over the last couple of weeks. Thank you Mr A.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home