Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Theatre Daaaaarling

My quest for stimulating culture continued last night with a trip to the National Theatre to see Tennessee Williams' The Rose Tattoo with my pal Paul. Zoe Wanamaker is in it, and before last night I can't say she provoked any kind of feeling in me. After two and a half hours spent in her company I am smitten!

What a fantastic actress she is, I was totally caught up in the events unfolding onstage, I can honestly say its the first play I've ever seen where I kinda forgot it was a play and just lost myself in it.

Paul had gotten really great seats near the front, which I think helps. Whenever I go to the movies I like to sit close to the front so I feel I am in the movie and having other people's heads in front kinda detracts from that. It's the same at the theatre too I guess.

In the interval we sat on the terrace and looked out over London, all twinkly and magical looking, and both of us took a moment to drink it all in. We are so lucky to live in this city. I first came to London when I was four years old and from that day on, I dreamed of having my own little flat here. Sometimes we take these things for granted. I've lived here for 28 years now, and most days I forget just how amazing the place is, but sitting out there on a warm evening with a great friend, I realised just how lucky I am.

Earlier in the day I'd been for a wicked new haircut, got a bag full of freebies from the Origins counter in Selfridges and slowly walked from Oxford St to the South Bank ... damn, life is good!

Oh yeah and I am four and a half stones lighter than I was in the middle of January!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home