Friday, May 11, 2007

What a Week!


Bimey! They say life is full of ups and downs, and this week sure has proved that, but I'm glad to say it's ending on all kinds of highs.

On the downside there was Monday's fiasco with the trip to Jersey, and a challenging personal issue that just won't seem to go away any time soon.

On the upside however, there have been tons of wonderful things happening. Seeing the Alan Yentob programme on Gilbert and George really inspired me...they just make me smile, and I managed to download the free artwork from the site before the time limit ran out!

I spent some quality time talking to quality friends which is always a blessing, and this morning was woken by a text telling me the excellent news that my pal Gina Yashere is gonna be one of the contenders in the US tv show Last Comic Standing!!!!!! She saw off competition from vastly experienced American comics like Thea Vidale to fly the flag for British women doing stand-up. I couldn't be more excited if it was me doing it! And unlike me, Gina is really focused and will romp home all the way to final I'm convinced.

After that I managed to get tickets to see Prince at the O2 in September...I haven't seen him since the 80's and am so excited about that!

Then I had one of my periodic trying on sessions with clothes I haven't been able to wear since I last lost weight 4 years ago, and today I can fit into the jeans I was wearing in the photo above! They're not even that skin tight!!!!!!

So tonight for my gig at the Comedy Cafe (last night's one was great fun btw) I shall be wearing them along with an H&M top that has been unwearable for four years too! I am so excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home