Sunday, May 20, 2007

Smokin!

So I'm back from my weekend in Cardiff and boy it's a great feeling to be home!

The gigs were fine, in fact last night's was a real stormer, the company was excellent - Chris Corcoran (pin-up boy for MILF's everywhere) was a fabulous MC, and Chris McCausland and Jeff Innocent both did cracking sets.

I had a lovely day trolling round the shops on Saturday - even got one of Kylie's tops from H&M - on Saturday.

The only downside was the hotel. This is nothing new when it comes to doing Cardiff cos they hotel they put us up in is the godawful Big Sleep. Now it's always been bleak and disgusting, but now, because its a converted office block and the windows don't open, there is a total smoking ban in the entire hotel!

I've done gigs in Scotland and Ireland since their bans came in, and to be honest I prefer it. But the hotels in those two countries have the sense to actually increase the amount of smoking rooms available. Not the Big Sleep! I would love to give up smoking and I suspect I will before too long, but I hate feeling like a sodding criminal! All the sneaking around just to get my fix of nicotine, its ridiculous! I never had to be as discreet as this when I was caning coke ffs!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home