Monday, July 16, 2007

A Change Is As Good...

...As a rest they say, but after a week 'ooop North' battling the cold and rain I'm not so sure!

I had a cracking time with my Dad, and a couple of blinding gigs at the Comedy Lounge in Manchester. It was good fun doing sets for a change, and the audiences both nights were great.

Instead of running out for a fag every five minutes I gave the Nicorette gum a go. The first piece tasted like I was chewing an old fag butt, but I got used to it, and it really works!

The bill in Manchester was really strong, we had Windsor compering, Dougie Dunlop and Colin Cole on either side of me (the traditional girl sandwich!). All of us did the business, and on Friday night we went off for a meal in ChinaTown after the show, which was great fun.

The sun managed to break out on Saturday, what a difference that makes! I hit the massive Primark for a smaller pair of the £6 jeans, and checked out the dregs of the sales at Harvey Nics and Selfridges, but didn't buy a thing!

Sunday was home day and I was soooooo excited to be heading back to London, in spite of the three and a half hour train journey. I was loaded up with the Sunday papers - including the Mail cos I wanted Prince's new album - and best of all bumped into John Fothergill on the train.

We ended up with a whole carriage to ourselves, and the trip passed by so quickly. It's amazing what a difference good company makes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home