Monday, July 09, 2007

In't Comedy Brilliant!

What a fantastic weekend I had in Bristol!

The line-up was really strong, Mike Milligan, Ben Norris and Miss Mandy Knight. It was a great chance to catch up as I hadn't seen Mandy for about a year, and Ben for even longer. I hadn't even seen Mike since some lively Christmas shows in Glasgow last year.

Friday night's show was another one of those dream shows...the audience were just ready right from the start. I was MC'ing and it was bliss to be up there chatting to them. Everyone had stormers.

Ben's material is just a masterclass in comedy writing and his personality adds that extra sparkle to an already diamond-like set.

Mandy was on fire too, I absolutely love her onstage persona, she says all the things we all wanna say but don't have the balls to. She does it with such charm that it's nigh on impossible to take offence at anything she says. I got as much of a buzz from watching the audience loving her as I did from watching her.

It was the first weekend of the English smoking ban too, so I expected to have to talk to myself for hours in between Mike and Ben, but gawd bless em, the management have brought in a policy whereby if anyone goes out for a fag before the interval they have to stay out till then...it worked like a dream. Well done folks.

As with recent gigs elsewhere in the world where smoking is banned indoors, I too smoked a fraction of what I would've normally, which is always a bonus. Thank god the hotel - the Marriott - haven't completely banned smoking and kept on a number of smoking rooms tho.

Saturday afternoon was spent having a long lunch with Mandy. Its so rare to work with another woman, and the pair of us made the most of it, catching up on each others' lives. It was wonderful.

Saturday night's gig had all the makings of a disaster, there'd been a problem getting all the meals out on time and so we started 45 minutes late. As I walked on I passed a couple of people complaining loudly about all kinds of things and I have to say I was apprehensive.

Turned out just fine tho. Again they were a great crowd, and once again all of us had a cracking time.

I love weekends like this!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home