Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back With A Bang!

Just as well I had a good rest while I was away cos life seems to have stepped up a gear since I got back.

Yesterday was pretty hectic, doing all the catching up things you have to do when you get back from holiday. On top of that, I had to get my nails and hair done, and best of all meet up with Gina who was on a flying trip back to the UK to do a couple of gigs and a bit of telly.

In my mind, the summer is over now, in spite of it being sunnier this last couple of days than it has been for aaaaaaages, so the bright pink nail polish gave way to my usual red.

The bank finally sent my new debit card, but as there'd been so many ordered and cancelled I still had to go to a branch to make sure this was the right one. Turns out it was thank god.

The only real downside of my holiday was discovering on the plane out that my old skool iPod was knackered. After five years the battery has finally given up the ghost. Steve Jobs musta realised this would happen, so while I was away he launched a new bunch of the little music miracles. My first west end stop was at the Apple shop to buy myself one of the slinky new iPod Nanos. It's black and the size of a credit card and holds 2000 songs, plus you can watch TV, movies and store photos on it, all for £129! Marvellous.

Then it was off to see Patrick, my long suffering (20-odd years and counting) hair stylist. Still fired up from my trip I decided that a change was in order. The new JoJo doesn't want safe highlights, she wants really blonde hair! Actually, I want really dark hair but having tried that wig on in Trendco and realising that black hair doesn't make me look like Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago, it makes me look like I'm at death's door, so that's out of the question.

Patrick slapped the bleach on all over, with a certain amount of trepidation, after all, it's only a couple of months since my hair was falling out in handfuls. Now tho' thanks to the kelp tablets, its growing back with a vengence, the result of which is a lot of tiny new hairs sprouting up all over the shop. The smooth, sleek 'pob' had kinda lost its sleekness with a bunch of spikes sticking up along the parting, so a dramatic cut was in order too.

The result? In my mind I look like that model Agyness Deyn, the reality is probably somewhere completely different, but who cares about reality? I love it! I'm blonder than I've been in 20 years and it feels fabulous!

From there it was a wander up Oxford Street to meet Gina. I managed to fit in a quick splurge in the Gap. Have you seen their winter range for women??????? It's amazing! I coulda spent three times what I did, and believe me I spent enough! The weirdest thing for me was looking at this denim top/dress in size M/L and thinking "my god that's huge". In the end I bought a size XS/S. I've kept the tag for prosperity. I've never owned anything that small!

Finally I got to John Lewis to meet Gina. I was so excited to be seeing her. She's been in LA since July, and I've really, really missed her. We've talked on the phone and swapped tons of mail on MySpace, but it's not the same as sitting down face to face. She almost walked past me! She said I look so different now. I recognised her right away, but she's looking hotter and healthier than I've ever seen her, and so goddam slim! And to think that we were a couple of the chunkiest birds on the comedy circuit 9 months ago! Me far chunkier than her of course!

We found a cafe in St Christopher's Place and just talked and talked and talked. God it was brilliant to see her! Things are really taking off for her in the states so it looks like LA is gonna be on my list of places to visit in the near future.

For all her Hollywood lifestyle, Gina's still a Primark girl at heart so we went there. I was the most restrained I've been in a long time, only buying a pair of blue cords and a gorgeous grey jumper for £10 which was identical to one in the Gap that was £50! Gina picked up a couple of things, and signed a few autographs!

It's a fact that everywhere we go, people come up to her to tell her how wonderful they think she is. I think they're right of course, but it's still really bizarre to have gangs of girls screaming her name as we walk down the road! It's one of the biggest crimes of all that she's had to leave the country to get the kind of success she deserves at home.

Before we knew it, it was time to say bye again. She had an early flight this morning and I was just knackered, so we said au revoir at Oxford Circus tube, but not before we got a random stranger to take a couple of photos of us looking so fabulous!



All the running around yesterday paid off tho, cos this morning I got on the scales, and its official! I've now lost 100lbs!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how amazing that feels!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home