Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Size 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo the shopping spree continues...

Feeling sufficiently fit on Monday I went off to the West End on a quest. I started wearing these boyfriend fit jeans from Uniqlo a few months back, the cut, the denim and the fit of them is just fabulous, and at £24.99 they're pretty reasonably priced (not in the £6 a pair from Primark league, but not bad).

So far I've had pairs in size 14, 12, 10 and 8. I wanted another pair of the really dark denim ones and that was Monday's quest. Both west end branches had plenty of size 16's but no others. When I asked one of the sales assistants she said she thought they were being discontinued cos there'd been no new deliveries for the last few weeks. She suggested trying their website, which I did when I got home. They had the dark denim ones but only in a size 6.

As I still want to lose more weight I figured I'd risk ordering a pair in the hope that they might fit in a couple of months' time. Yesterday morning they arrived - great service! - and as I opened the package I was kinda grinning to myself about the absurdity of me owning a pair of jeans (or anything) that was size 6. Nine months ago I was size 26!!!!

I decided to give myself a laugh by trying them on now, and bugger me, they fit!!!!!!!!! I could get em done up without resorting to laying on the bed, and once they were fastened I could breathe and everything! There was barely any 'muffin top' hanging over the top either! None at all if I breathed in.

When I had the op back in February, I didn't really have any specific target for the weight loss, I just didn't wanna be obese any more. I had a vague dream of being able to fit into a size 14 anything, but that seemed far fetched. Now here I am, eight months later fitting into a pair of size 6 jeans.

I had the results back from my latest blood test last week too, and they were even better than the previous ones four months ago. As wonderful as it is to be able to get clothes anywhere, that's the real thrill of all of this, being fit and healthy. God bless Mr Fiennes and his team!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home