Saturday, October 06, 2007

So Far, So Good!

Soooooo two gigs down, two more to go till the telly show and so far I've not been able to road test the new material.

Why? I hear you ask.

Simply because the audiences have been soooo lovely and a tad 'delicate' and I basically bottled it!

Thursday night in Harlow was really good fun. I was MC'ing and the line-up was wonderful, John Moloney, Gordon Southern and The Raymond and Mr Timkins Review...all of whom killed! It was in the Playhouse, and as I've said before theatre gigs are just such a pleasure to play. Getting there and back was dead easy too.

Last night I was in Bournemouth doing a gig I'd not done before. As it was a one-nighter, I 'd managed to blag a lift from the fabulous Greg Davies who I only met earlier this year for the first time. He's a great comic and a top bloke (and not just cos he gave me a lift right to my door coming home). It was great to spend time talking to him on the journey, and a joy to watch him perform.

The people who run the Funnybone Comedy Club were so gracious to us, gave us a delicious dinner and a cup of piping hot coffee on arrival - the littlest things really do mean a lot!

The audience were akin to the theatre crowd from the night before and as I was doing a set my regular stuff appeared a tad shocking to them at times, so there was no way I felt I could inflict them with the extreme stuff.

Still, I am doing Bristol Jongleurs tonight and they are usually a pretty rowdy bunch down there, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get it out tonight. Wish me luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home