Monday, January 28, 2008

Bit Of A Let Down


Soooooo I had a wonderful time in New York, hard to believe I've already been back a whole week.

The only disappointment I had was on the Friday morning. I went to the Guggenheim and decided to walk up there via Central Park.

The walk was amazing - I never thought I'd do the full length of such a huge park. It was a gorgeous crisp winter's day, and the further uptown I got the smaller the dogs doing their do do in the park got. In direct contrast the mink coats and diamonds got bigger and bigger!

An hour or so later I was at the Guggenheim, and as you can see from the photo above the outside was covered in scaffolding. Oh well, that means I'll have to come back again one day but there was further disappointment when I got inside and was told only two floors were open, the Kandinsky Gallery was the largest, but sadly I saw the major retrospective at the Tate last year, so I'd already seen all the paintings. Still I did get to see the amazing interior from the ground floor, and got a Richard Prince t-shirt for $7.50 in the sale...shame I missed his show tho.

Had an amazing walk back downtown too, almost bought a pair of miniature schnauzers in a puppy shop on Lexington Ave., thank god I have some self restraint! They were sooooooooo cute tho!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home