Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Funny Old Couple Of Days

So today I finally got the internet problem sorted out. Why is it that some tech support people have as much (or as little) knowledge as I do? Anyway, it's working now thank goodness.

The Champix are still taking the gloss off everything in life, but I am determined to get this surgery in March and I have to be a non-smoker, so I'll do what it takes! I even bought the Allen Carr Easy Way to Stop Smoking book in Selfridges yesterday. The only time I've ever given up successfully was with the video of said book 18 years ago. I watched it on a Sunday night before bed and woke up a non-smoker on Monday morning. Here's hoping it works this time. Last time it was so easy that I got cocky and was sitting in a bar in New York about 4 months later and thought 'Oh one won't get me hooked'. Dozy mare that I am!

Tonight I've gone one further and downloaded the audio version from iTunes. It's loading onto my iPod as we speak. My plan is to listen to it on the flight to New York tomorrow and arrive nicotine free. How fabulous would that be? And I'd be able to sling out the rest of these godawful Champix tablets!

So, what else have I been up to? Well Sunday I caught the Pop Art Portraits show that the National Portrait Gallery before it closes, and it was wonderful, some fabulous pieces in there. What really struck me is just how much of an impact Marilyn Monroe made on artists. We've all seen Andy Warhol's portraits of her, but in this show you see about four or five other artists who felt the need to depict her too.

Monday I went and got my roots done, once again swapping Myra Hyndley for Agyness Deyn. Patrick my hairdresser has really gotten into it now, and the cut is a carbon copy of hers! Translation: it's bloody short! This will take a bit of getting used to, but luckily I've got my Paul Smith trapper hat, and it's gonna be cold enough in NYC to justify wearing it everyday!

Today I got my nails done, picked up some more dollars, and did some packing. To be honest, I'm not taking much at all, as tho this is primarily a trip to see tons of art at the Guggenheim and MOMA amongst other places, I also plan on hitting the shops with a vengeance! At $2 to the £1 who can blame me?

Have a good week folks xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home