Friday, January 25, 2008

Juno



Soooooo last Saturday in New York saw me checking out Grand Central Station. All the times I've been to the city I've never seen this place except on movies. My goodness, it's breathtaking!




I guess the closest we've got is the revamped St Pancras, but as lovely as that is, it really can't hold a candle to the gorgeousness of Grand Central! If Euston Station looked like this we'd never complain about trains being late!



After that I went to collect my fabulous new Chanel reading glasses which needed a bit of adjustment, then headed downtown to Chelsea and SoHo. I saw the photographer Annie Leibowitz - the one who upset the Queen - with one of her kids. I'm a huge fan of her work but couldn't bring myself to interrupt her Saturday by telling her so.

I spent ages on Bleecker Street in all the little boutiques, including Marc Jacobs' shop which sadly didn't have any one thing I loved enough to buy.

The Coach handbag shop however did! I got the most amazing white leather messenger bag for the summer. Number 3 of a limited edition of 42, made from one huge piece of leather with real rose gold trimmings!

I wandered back uptown to Times Square and feeling in need of a sit down after all the walking, I went to the movies. With no real idea of what I fancied seeing, I randomly selected Juno. It was the best choice I coulda made! It's due to open here soon, and when it does get yerself along to see it! It's one of the sweetest, sharpest, funniest movies I've seen in a loooooong time!

The star, Ellen Page, is just brilliant, and once you come to terms with the guy who played Schillinger in OZ being a nice guy, as her dad, you'll love it as much as I did!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home