Sunday, December 02, 2007

What a Weekend!!!!!

Oh man I had just the best time ever in Birmingham this weekend. I was doing the Glee Club - my favourite club ever, I was on with John Fothergill, Dave Haddingham and Jarred Christmas - three of the easiest going guys on the circuit, not to mention fantastic comedians, and I had a smoking room at the hotel! What more could a gal ask for?

I was also unveiling my Christmas outfits for onstage. I'd been buying those little sequinned mini-dresses that are everywhere in the shops over the last few months, but had yet to pluck up the courage to wear them onstage. I thought I would feel really vulnerable wearing something so glitzy and girlie onstage, but as the frocks were now all getting a bit loose on me, I was determined to give them an airing. The Glee was the perfect place, as its somewhere I feel confident.

Thursday night saw me in my little black sequinned £10 from George at Asda number, with a gorgeous long black cashmere cardigan over the top to hide the bingo wings. At the risk of sounding vain, I looked pretty hot for an old bird! Best of all, wearing such an outfit didn't hinder my performance in any way, if anything it enhanced it. I looked glamourous and showbiz and the audience responded to that. Friday saw me shedding the cashmere security blanket and wearing a long sleeved number from New Look, again it produced the desired effect. Saturday was most exciting of all as I wore my silver sequinned £15 from Peacocks mini, again with the black cardigan. I fucking love that dress. I'm a silver freak anyway - jewellery, handbags, even my coat! - but I never dreamed I could wear a silver dress without looking like a turkey about to go into the oven! It looked amazing.

The gigs themselves were all amazing in their own ways. I was looser than I'd ever been onstage and got far more laughs as a result. All three guys had cracking gigs every night too. I really enjoyed watching them.

Friday I did my mad dash around Birmingham's endless shopping centre, picking up one or two groovy little things, including a fabulous Marc Jacobs' watch. Saturday I had lunch with Mr Fothergill and Alasdair from the Glee followed by coffee in a cosy little canal-side pub with a dear old friend.

All in all it was a perfect weekend.

I'm off to Southampton tomorrow for six nights of Xmas shows, if they're half as much fun as this weekend was, I'll be well chuffed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home