Thursday, April 03, 2008

More Than Three Months...

since I stopped smoking!

How quickly has that time passed? I really can't believe how simple it's been to just not smoke, I was soooo scared that I'd go nutso without my crutch, that I'd be binge eating and gawd knows what else, but apart from a little bit of that in the first month where I gained five pounds which I lost again, there's been nothing negative at all.

Best of all, I haven't become one of those pompous non-smokers who do the fake coughs and wafting whenever a smoker approaches... thank God! The brainwashing part of the Allen Carr method sticks in the brain and makes you just wonder why anyone would do that to themselves. When I see someone with a fag on, I'm just so grateful that I don't need that anymore. What a relief!

I can't say that I am any better off financially, but then I haven't worked for almost a month and I am not destitute so I guess that's the bonus. My 40 a day habit cost me around £85 a week, so that's nearly £400 that I haven't wasted during my time off.

Today is the biggie...I'm back to work!!!!! I am excited, scared, thrilled and nervous all at once! I'm doing Leicester Jongleurs and on with a cracking bill - if the website is correct - so really, really looking forward to my weekend.

Whatever you're up to dear readers, enjoy and make the most of every moment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home