Friday, January 09, 2009

Blimey Is It 2009 Already?!?!?!?!?!?


So it's been ages since I wrote owt worth reading, just posted lots of pics including the one above of me and the fabulous Sharon at the Glee. Now where do I start?

Well all the Christmas shows were dream gigs in every sense. The audiences were all fabulous, I didn't even stumble on my heels, and all the acts were so cool both on and offstage. Finishing the season with a week at The Glee Club was one of my cleverest decisions. It was so chilled, everyone did their jobs and we all had a laugh.


Me and the lovely Mr Collins. Look at my crow's feet! Time for more botox I think!

Christmas was nice and quiet, I had a fabulous Xmas Eve lunch with my pals including Mickey Hutton, Steve Amos and Gina Yashere at Balans in Soho - it was great to catch up with everyone and hear Gina's tales of comedy LA style. It sounds wild out there! I'm gonna get my act together this year and go over for a visit.

The night before New Year's Eve saw me going for dinner with Steve at Joe Allen's. Now its been a while since I've taken more than the odd drink, but my god I made up for it with the White Russians! I arrived at 8.30 looking like a lady, and left around 1.30 looking like a sack of crap! What a mess!

This meant of course, that NYE at The Glee Club was a very sedate affair. Even J20 was too strong a drink for me! Luckily I was able to disguise just how rough I felt with make-up and a gorgeous vintage dress that was from the 80's and looked like a Claude Montana, and I managed to have two wonderful gigs. I stuck around for a sip of champagne at midnight, and long enough to wish everyone a great 2009, before wandering back to the hotel.

My first 'normal' gig of the year was at Camden Jongleurs, and it was great to be back. We all had a fabulous time it was really good fun.

Monday saw me cabbing it to Welbeck Hospital at 6.30am (!) for what is hopefully my last bit of surgery. The op was to have my boobs re-lifted and it went like a breeze. So well in fact, that when I first came round I thought they hadn't even started operating yet and was trying to let em know not to cut cos I was awake!

By 11.15 I was having a cuppa coffee and a hobnob - feeling fantastic and by 6pm I was in my jammies at home. What a result.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home