Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... yada, yada, yada

So here I am in the Holiday Inn in Nottingham (no free in-room broadband here, thank god for me dongle!) on day 12 of my non-stop festive extravaganza. I've eaten enough turkey to last me a lifetime - to the point where I'm just doing sprouts, parsnips and carrots now - and seen more tinsel than Santa's Grotto. My little sequinned dresses which are on their second season of Xmas shows have lost their lustre for me - I've donated most of em to the staff at the club.

The only novelty that hasn't worn off is the sheer joy of wearing high heels! I'm loving being all girly, and while my walking technique hasn't improved, I am still upright and no major accidents so far. Having said that, it is a joyous moment when, at the end of each show, I come back to the dressing room and put my MBT's on for the walk up the hill back to the hotel!

Speaking of which, that hill - aka Maid Marian Way - is my fitness barometer. Gone are the days when the grossly overweight me would feel like my heart was gonna burst about a quarter of the way up and it would take me a good 15 minutes to get up it. Now I do it in 5 minutes and I am not remotely breathless when I reach the hotel! I cannot tell you how much of a kick that is for me!

The dresses are another barometer actually, this is the first time I can remember, that last winter's outfits have fitted me this winter! I think I may have said this already but it is a massive thrill. They're looser than they were last year but still wearable and that really is a big deal for me.

The shows have been pretty good on the whole, some more fun than others but no real horrors, thank goodness. Again this week I've been working with a great bunch of guys including my old mates Simon Bligh and Geoff Boyz, both of whom are a dream for any MC as you know they will do the business no matter what.

I've been trying to restrict myself with the shopping, cos my case was over-full when I left London nearly two weeks ago, but the lure of Zara and Muji and even New Look has been too great! I got a pair of fabulous black suede ankle boots in the latter yesterday that have a 5" heel!!!!!! I can walk and stand in em, which is a revelation to me. I plan to wear em next week at The Glee Club in Birmingham but I suspect I might need the lovely Alistair to walk me on and offstage, just to avoid any falling flat on my ass incidents!

Two more shows to go here in Nottingham then a whole almost 24 hours off (minus travelling times), December is going really well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home