Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh... My... God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling pretty sorry for myself and my post-op infection I decided against wallowing in both bed and self pity and took my first shower for over a week and got all dressed up. I got the bus on the corner and it took me to paradise.

Yes folks, I made my first pilgrimage to Westfield today. I'd vowed to wait till the excess of the Xmas and sales crowds were gone, and today they had. It was fabulous, hardly anyone about and of those that were wandering, very few were yer average inner city mall rats! What bliss, there were other people like me in there. People who think its polite to turn your mobile off when you go to the cinema, you know the kind I mean.

Anyway to the mall itself. It's mahoooooosive!!!!!!!!!! Having seen the site at various stages of development over the years I am still amazed at how enormous it is. It's clean, well laid out, and would probably a week to visit every single shop. I only managed a tiny section, but I put that down to being below my natural fitness level at the moment.

All the usual shops are there, Zara, Reiss, H&M, M&S, House of Frasier, etc., etc., but there's also a branch of Cos, and a branch of my favourite Spanish shop Desigual where I got a fabulous pair of Maharishi-inspired velvet trousers for half price in the sale.

There's lots of little coffee stops dotted here and there and the latte I had at Sacred was one of the best coffees I've ever had in the UK.

The designer section - The Village - is still awaiting the arrival of Louis Vuitton which is a pity cos I was dying to see the Stephen Sprouse collection, and one or two other big names but the shops that have opened are refreshingly lacking in pretence.

I thoroughly enjoyed my little visit, and will be back as soon as I'm fit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home