Sunday, March 01, 2009

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..... I LOVE my job!!!!!!!!!!

After spending the week looking like a slightly less battered version of Rhianna thanks to the botox injections which left my face covered in bruises, and battling a horrible chest infection (as horrid as it was, it went away much quicker than it would've done if I was still smoking) I was beginning to wonder what else the universe had in store for me. Well the answer came when I found out that the gigs I was booked to do this weekend were not booked in with the bookers!

As luck would have it, I picked up a couple of last minute ones, and actually had so much fun that I was cool about the cock-up. Friday night saw me speeding off to Bournemouth to do the Funny Bone comedy club where I was on a bill that including my comedy brothers The Raymond and Mr Timkins Revue. The gig was fun and it was fab to see them for the first time in months. Even better I found out they'll be doing the Komedia in Brighton with me on my birthday!

Saturday saw me opening at Up The Creek. Now if you're a regular reader of my posts, you'll know how much I love this gig, but usually I'm the MC, so doing a set was a bit nerve-wracking for me. The lovely Windsor was compering and he set it all up beautifully for me. I took it and ran with it, doing around half an hour without even realising! It was so much fun and I felt so at home on that stage.

I've often said that I wouldn't wanna do an hour long show, but in a gig like last night's I could've easily gone on, I just felt 'right' somehow.

So apologies to Sean Percival and Mike Wilmot for over-running, and a huge thank you to everyone who was in the audience last night. You guys made my week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home