Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last Weekend...

... I was in Manchester gigging at the fantastic Frog & Bucket and the lovely Opus Lounge, and boy did I have fun!

I was headlining which is a special kind of pressure, but I'm proud to say I rose to the challenge, and loved it! My old mate Tony Burgess was MC'ing - he took a break from the circuit for a few years while he was busy being a writer for telly - Ideal was one of his gems - and it was fantastic to have him back!

The other guys on the bill, Steve Shanyaski and Colin Roche were new to me and both of them had me laughing hard. On Thursday night I even got to meet my namesake JoJo Sutherland. I'd never seen her before, she was wonderful.

I got a pretty decent deal at the Malmaison cos I couldn't face staying at the hotel the club puts you up in, and having a gorgeous room to come back to made everything that little bit more special. As did the wonderful shops in Manchester city centre.

It was the tail end of the sales at most of them, but there was new stock coming in too, so I got a couple of gorgeous frocks from Zara, a divine Bottega Veneta handbag and wallet in the Harvey Nicks sale, and the most glamourous Mary Janes from the Russell & Bromley sale! I could barely close my case when I left on Sunday morning!

Last night I went with my pal Al to see Grace Jones at the Roundhouse and I am still awestruck by the experience 24 hours later! It was one of those things that could so easily have turned out wrong, but Ms Jones is a brilliant example to all of us of the joys of aging! Her voice is better than ever, the staging was phenomenal, the band excellent, the costumes simple yet stunning! Money well spent.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home