Sunday, October 15, 2006

Poisoned!!!!!!!!!!

After my glorious television debut (tx tba) on Wednesday, Thursday found me Leicester bound for a little gig in a place called Bistro Live. It was to be a road trip gig as the money wasn't enough to justify shelling out for a hotel.

So, at 4.30 I found myself in Balham jumping into Andrew Bird's brother's car (his had a leak). We were eventually joined by Patrick Monahan and off we went, through the rush hour traffic. I've met both the guys a couple of times and rate them both as comedians as well as good guys to hang out with.

About 30 mins from our destination, we stopped for a wee break, and starving I picked up a bag of those Haribo Tangfastic sweets. I was feeling tired and figured the sugar would give me energy for the gig.

If you've had em, you'll know how addictive they are, and while I shared em with they guys, I have to say I ate the majority of them over the journey to and from the gig.

Now I haven't gone on about it too much, but since I went to Thailand in March I haven't eaten any chocolate or any kind of refined sugar. I definitely felt the effects of these sweets, I was like one of those hyperactive little fuckers you see on SuperNanny for most of the night!

Friday morning, I woke up with the kind of headache I haven't had in 6 years, the kind of headache I used to get after a 24 hour coke and booze binge. The pain in the neck, shakes, sweating, feeling disorientated...it was freaky!

I guess one of the results of my healthier eating over the last seven months is that my tolerance to any kind of sweets has disappeared. Oh well, another vice on the shit list then.

The gig itself was the weirdest one I've done ever. I've never seen such an odd collection of human beings in one room. It was like they'd all been hypnotised and woke to find themselves in a comedy club with no idea about how to behave.

Andrew was the MC and while he was on, they mostly stared, they stared at Patrick too, till a fairly innocuous comment to a young lad at the front prompted the little queen to have a hissy fit, throw a glass and storm out! Then while I was on, it was going ok but you could tell they just didn't understand how or when to laugh, one of the women stood up and bared her breasts to the room.

Now this would've been fine if she'd been 20 years old with a fine pert pair, but she was closer to 50 and they were just plain nasty! What the hell was she on??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home