Monday, April 07, 2008

Back With A Vengeance!


Soooooo after almost a whole month off work I was more than a little apprehensive about going back onstage last Thursday. I wasn't sure what material would work, could I still get away with moaning about being old when I don't really look old anymore?

I was doing a weekend at Leicester Jongleurs, doing a set each night, and actually headlining the shows on Friday and Saturday. Talk about pressure!

A few minutes before I went onstage on Thursday night, I got a call asking me to do my set there and then jump in a cab to Nottingham and close the show there cos one of the acts had been taken ill. I said yes, and then freaked out...in at the deep end or what?!?!?!?!?

Had a lovely time on second in Leicester, and had fun closing Nottingham too! So much for my worries! In a way it was the best thing that could've happened cos it got the 'closing the show' nerves out of the way early, and that meant that I could relax on Friday and Saturday.

It's been a while since I stayed in Leicester, and I had a good old wander round the shops on Friday and hung out with our excellent MC Martin Bigpig. The shows were all the better for having him at the helm.

Friday night was fun, but Saturday night was phenomenal! I was onstage for 30 minutes and in that time I did about 10 minutes of material! The rest was ad-libbed and I just enjoyed myself soooooooo much!

I hadn't realised how much I'd missed being a comedian!

It's good to be back.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home