Monday, August 25, 2008

I Luurrrrrvvvvvve Comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm sitting here listening to the hard house blaring outta the speakers on the street opposite my house, my local pub is having it's annual Carnival party as it did yesterday. I totally lost it with em yesterday, but today they lulled me into a false sense of security a/ by starting later and b/ by playing some truly excellent tunes early on! The Specials' Ghost Town sounds amazing at that kinda volume!

The earlier part of the weekend was spent in sunny-ish Sheffield. I was doing three nights at The Last Laugh and I have to say they were some of the best gigs and the most fun gigs I've had in a long time! My new material is getting bedded in nicely - getting rounds of applause on Saturday night - tho on Friday I didn't get to do any of it as I spent my time just talking bollocks to the crowd. Gawd bless the menopause! 

As usual the Sheffield branch of TK Maxx didn't let me down either - this was the one where I got a £300 Alexander McQueen denim jumpsuit for £30 - this time I got a rare pair of extremely distressed, selvedged, Evisu's for £15 instead of £150! I love that shop!

Other than that, life has been quite still and calm. Did an early morning yoga class today with yet another teacher, who was at least 20 years older than me but had the body of a 20 year old! What a cracking advert for yoga she is! Every class I progress a bit further and push myself a bit harder and achieve more than I ever thought possible. I think I love yoga more than TK Maxx but its close!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home