Monday, July 28, 2008

PFT*

*aka Pre-Festival Tension

So this weekend I was up in Edinburgh for gigs at Jongleurs and had a cracking time.

It was a fantastic bill, Dave Johns, Dougie Dunlop and newish Aussie boy Daniel Townes, and all of us did the business both nights, especially on Friday night when there was something like 250 guys on stag nights and only 30 women. It was a challenging night to say the least! Typical of my luck, even with all those men in one place, I still came out sucking my thumb!

I spent Saturday in the company of Mssrs Johns and Dunlop and we even met up with an old mate in the shape of Tony Burgess who I've not seen in years! It was great to spend some time with him.

All over Edinburgh you could see people getting ready for the Festival which starts this week - it seems to get earlier every year! - jugglers practicing in the parks, leafletters practicing annoying people on the Royal Mile, and posters everywhere advertising those members of the comedy fraternity who will very shortly be funding the early retirement of various publicans and landlords in the city.

I prefer to line the pockets of Mr Harvey Nichols personally, and this weekend was no exception. The end of the sale produced some genuine bargains and I found myself with bags full of dresses by Ghost (£600 worth of frocks for £150) and Donna Karan, a gorgeous Alexander McQueen at about a third of the original price, and my piece de resistance a Bottega Veneta woven leather bag that was waaaaaaaaaay outta my price range originally and only just in it at half price but worth every penny!

Ooooh I do love a bargain!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home