Friday, August 08, 2008

The Darkest Knight...

I saw the new Batman movie yesterday - sadly not at an IMAX, just my local multiplex - and was really blown away by it. I'm not usually one to buy into hype, but this movie lives up to it.

The fact that Heath Ledger is no longer with us really does add to the immense power of his portrayal as The Joker, tho it's not something I'd recommend for any aspiring actors out there! You can really see the despair and bleakness in him - or is that just me succumbing to the benefits of 20/20 hindsight?

Whatever it is, he's terrific as are the rest of the cast - including one of my comedy chums Tommy Campbell who's not exactly got a starring role but he's there and fabulous! I did wonder what was up with Maggie Gyllenhall's eyes tho, some of the shots she looks stunning, others she looks like her face is melting! Very odd.

Anyway enough with the Barry Norman impressions, this weekend I am off to one of my favourite places in the whole wide world, Brighton. Its my annual weekend at the Komedia and I am extra excited cos I have a load of new jokes to do!!!!!! How wonderful is that?????

Fingers crossed the sun makes a couple of appearances, but even if it doesn't, I still love the place, the shops, the sea, the people...all wonderful.

Come and say hi!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home