Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Catching Up

Blimey! It's been a while hasn't it?

I guess the irony of blogging is that when you have the most to blog about, you're too busy doing it to write about it!

I spent last week being poisoned by extreme anti-biotics courtesy of A&E in Preston. Having gone up north to take care of my Dad for a few days, he ended up looking after me! I had a couple of cracking gigs in Manchester on Saturday night tho, inspite of the amount of time I'd spent on the loo.

Monday night saw me being taken out to the theatre. I was treated to a performance of The Harder They Come at the Playhouse Theatre on the Embankment. If you haven't had a chance to catch it yet, do yourself a favour and go! It was fabulous! The cast are all individually wonderful and collectively they make it a wonderful night out. I was pleasantly surprised to see two of my old comedy chums - Marcus Powell and Chris Tummings - in the show. They're terrific actors and great singers too.

Yesterday saw me in Cambridge for their Comedy Festival. It was pouring with rain - welcome to summer - so a gig in a tent in a park didn't seem very promising. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a packed house all braving the elements, and well up for a laugh! Cheers folks.

Today I saw a quirky little documentary called Man on Wire. Its about a french guy called Phillippe Petit who 35 years ago, walked on a tightrope between the twin towers of the World Trade Centre. Its a BBC production so expect to see it on BBC2 or BBC4 sometime soon, but it was worth shelling out for a cinema ticket to see it. It was very uplifting to see someone pursue their dream with such vigour and passion!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home