Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Have I Been Doing??????

Maybe the novelty of blogging has worn off, or maybe it's just that life is taking over a bit these days.

This weekend I was in Portsmouth doing Jongleurs with a cracking line-up of comedians - the fantastic Craig Campbell, the lovely Simon Clayton and the wonderful Andy Askins. The gigs were interesting in all kinds of ways, the only trouble was caused by people who really cannot handle their drink, which is such a pity as both nights had the makings of cracking gigs. Still we all did the business and then some!

There was an added bonus in that the acts who were appearing in Southampton had to stay at our hotel cos the Boat Show was on there and all the hotels had quadrupled their rates to cash in - how very shortsighted, they'll be glad of us when nobody else wants to stay in their poxy hotels!

Anyway it was a treat for me as it meant I got to hang out with my great mate Mickey Hutton, we spent most of the sunny Saturday walking round the shops, having a laugh and spending very little - a bonus in all ways!

Last weekend I was at Up The Creek which is always fabulous but last Saturday night's show is up there in my top 5 of this year, it was just the perfect night with a near perfect bill including John Fothergill and Ricky Grover...it was bliss!

Tomorrow I'm doing a benefit gig at The Comedy Store - Stand-up For Shelter. It's another strong bill, and a terrific cause so get yer asses down there!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home