Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back To The Future!!!!!!

On my second day in Kuala Lumpur I got in some heavy duty sightseeing. I started the day with the most wonderful breakfast! They had everything from sushi, to curries, to continental to full English, to every kind of cake and pastry to a chocolate fountain!!!!!! I was wishing I’d not had my gastric bypass, I could sat there all day working my way through the various cuisines!

Anyway it was a bit of fruit and yogurt followed by a small cheese and mushroom omelette for me, and I was off. I took a cab to the Buddhist Temple at Brickfields which was just beautiful.



The golden Buddhas glistening in the sunlight, I sat in the temple for ages, energising my spirit, before wandering off to find a cab.


From there I explored the various shopping malls in the Bukit Bintang area before riding the full length of the monorail in both directions! I felt like I was in the future!!!! It kept raining, so I would get off during a dry spell then jump back on during a downpour.

I explored Chow Kit market, which isn’t touristy at all, this is proper Malaysia, so much so that I had to breathe through my mouth when I got caught up in the ‘fresh’ meat and fish part of it! Yeeeuuuch!

I came back to the hotel and had a swim before being whisked off for one of the most amazing massages I’ve ever had! Almost two hours of sheer bliss! Then it was back to the hotel to pack everything up in preparation for the operation in the morning. Wish me luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home