Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Three...Operation Day!!!!!!

Sooooo I am writing this one from my private hospital room. Johnny Depp is making an awful racket on the flatscreen telly being a gay pirate, and I am veering between mild pain and proper full on agony! The agony comes when I have shift position. So now there’s just a bit of discomfort cos I am sitting down on a very comfy chair, but when I have to get up and go to the loo or get into bed, it’s gonna hurt like hell!

The surgery was a roaring success tho, they have a new way of doing a thigh lift that means you don’t get the big red scar from inner knee to crotch, instead it’s all combined with the body lift, so there’s two very neat seams around each leg. Its all a bit swollen at the moment, but then it is only 48 hours since I had it done, but even with the swelling I would say I’m a whole lot skinnier than before! Tho that could have something to do with the very fetching ‘compression garment’ I was fitted with after my shower today, Think of a pair of crotchless cycling shorts...that’s how sexy they are!

They do something over here that they don’t do when you have surgery in the UK, they keep the stuff they’ve removed to show you! It was all wrapped up in celophane like a gift basket... a gift basket full of my old belly, thigh, ass and back!!!!!!! How mad is that? Mind you it does appeal to the gruesome side of me. One of my first questions to the surgeon post op was how much had he removed, and there it was for me to see.



The other thing I’ll need to photograph is my face so that you can see how the botox has worked! I was always a bit sceptical of this stuff, but it’s been done very naturally. I can still move my forehead, but the wrinkles have all gone.

The nurses have been amazing, they’re all so good natured, nothing is too much trouble, and I have to say the hospital is cleaner and more modern than any I’ve seen at home! I can’t tell you how good it feels not to fret about MRSA.

Another thing they do differently here is whack you into the shower asap. When I had my previous ops I wasn’t allowed to get the stitches wet, but here it’s the opposite and I was given my first shower today! They don’t leave the dressings on either, so I got a good look at my scars. they’re so neat and tidy!

Barring any major complications I’ll be discharged in the morning and taken back to my fabulous hotel, where I’ll have 24 hour care for the first couple of days, then daily visits after that. It may seem like a long way to come but I am so glad I did, I would never have gotten this level of care back home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home