Sunday, October 26, 2008

This Just In ...

Sooooooo this morning I woke up and realised as I took my shower that there was no way I was gonna be healed enough to get the plane home on Wednesday. Stella the nurse came by and confirmed my thoughts. I am healing just not healing super-fast.

I called the owner of the company and asked to meet with her. She was here at the hotel pretty quickly and I explained my thoughts and fears. Tomorrow is Deepawali and practically a full on Bank Holiday here, so if any changes were gonna be made to my travel and accommodation plans, it really needed to be sorted out today.

She'd already rung Dr J, bless her, so we headed off to see him at the hospital. I am now on such good terms with everyone there I've been invited to the staff dance! He said I should defer my return by at least a week, and I have to say that tho a part of me was disappointed (there's times you really don't wanna be right, you know?) there was another part of me that was just relieved. Fourteen hours in economy is ok when you're fit and healthy but right now sitting for more than 20 minutes is bloody painful!

Louise, got right on the case ringing the airline and speaking to the hotel. There's no availability on a flight out till the 4th of November, which is a week from Tuesday, and the hotel have done a deal so that I can stay on here till then. Its a bit longer than I would've liked and now I am losing work, but I should be well and truly healed by then!

Let's hope so eh folks?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home