Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yet More Glitches!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up in a way better mood today, and was ready to go out exploring after the nurse and masseuse had been and done their thing. After breakfast I showered and as I was rubbing body lotion into my legs I notice that what had been a tiny little hole yesterday was a gaping wound about 2 inches in length today!

OK, now I was scared. Yesterday it was just an inconvenience, but there’s something about being able to see the bits of you that are under your skin when you’re thousands of miles from home and alone, that will turn the toughest old bird into a blubbering 6 year old! I rang Jasmine, my rep, and got her answering machine. That only made me panic more - its quite fascinating how quickly I can go from being strong, in-control JoJo to scared shitless Jo-Anne!

I rang Endang and thank god, she and Noor were just on their way up to my room. Noor took a look at the hole in my leg and got on the phone. She then cleaned it up as well as the other inner thigh that had also begun to bleed - jeez! - and padded them with gauze. Fifteen minutes later I was in the people carrier on my way to the hospital again.

Apparently today was Dr Jalil’s weekly day off but he was driving in to meet me. I was seriously trying to imagine that happening in the UK - either NHS or Private and couldn’t! He turned up a few minutes after we did and checked me out. The long and short of it is, I’m going back in as a day patient tomorrow to have both inner thighs re-stitched. They’ll knock me out but I will only be a day patient.

He’s also gonna drain off all the excess fluid, which is probably the cause of the tear in the first place. My belly is like a waterbed. You tap it and the ripples run right across it! The thighs are also incredibly full of fluid, and anyone who knows me will tell ya, even at 20 stones I never had fat, saddle-bag thighs! I keep thinking of a gag Gina did on tour - my pom pom look phat!

I was brought back to my room, which is where I’ve spent the rest of the day. I’m gonna go down to the lobby now so that I can post these blogs...just in case I don’t get out tomorrow afternoon as planned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home