Monday, October 27, 2008

While I Am Being Positive...

Another bright spot is a selection of American telly that I never see at home, and while I would far rather be winging my way back home to my loved ones this week, there’s a part of me that’s a bit happy that I’ll catch another couple of episodes of The Celebrity Apprentice. They’ve got Gene Simmons from Kiss on it along with Piers Morgan who everyone calls “Pierce” - maybe cos he’s a bit of a prick eh? Anyway I am mesmerised by both Gene and the Donald’s elaborate hair creations! It must be amazing to be so rich and/or famous that you can wear your hair like a cunt and no-one tells you!

Another show that has me spellbound in its awfulness is The Moment of Truth, where members of the public humiliate themselves and their loved ones for large chunks of cash - up to half a million dollars. Its the kind of confession show that Jerry Springer used to do, but now the punters have wised up and sell their souls for cash as well as a chance to appear on television.

A little treat I had this morning was turning on the tv as I woke up and seeing my old mate Lee Mack in a show with Frasier aka Kelsey Grammer. Sadly it was the end of the show but the closing credits were really cool - Tim Vine, John Archer, Karen Taylor, all British comedians making a US show. I remembered as I woke from my Diazepam haze that they sold the rights to The Sketch Show to the US a few years ago, and that Lee was the only one chosen from the British cast to appear in it. Nice to see the others got writing credits at least - and some cheques with lots of zero’s on them I hope!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home