Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Am A Mystery Wrapped Inside An Enigma yada yada yada

Sooooooooo I had a cracking time in Brighton.

Two of the three gigs were excellent, the Saturday late show marred by a crazy woman who at first was talking loudly to herself, then trying to mask her drunkenness/madness by pretending to talk into her mobile! I was actually trying to be compassionate towards her, but the beeeeyatch turned on me! It took three bouncers and the venue manager to get the witch out! Still she didn't ruin my birthday cos it was already technically Sunday by then.



The lads I was working with made it special The Raymond and Mr Timkins Revue bought me a card and a cake, Dan Evans (who is on just the best form ever!) gave me a copy of his book, and Rufus Hound bought me a delicious latte in Tootsies. How rock and roll am I?

I gave my walking boots a good workout earlier in the day walking from Hove to Brighton city centre on the pebbly beach. It's a great way of strengthening my ankles and making the boots more comfy. I can see myself making a few more trips to Brighton over the summer as part of my Himalaya training. Good excuse eh?

Of course getting older is a great reason to buy myself something nice - like I ever need encouragement! - and I decided to go for something a bit special. I browsed the jewellery, clothes and shoe shops of Brighton but there was nothing that tickled my fancy. Then I went for a look in Art Republic in the Laines and there I found it. A signed Jamie Reid God Save the Queen print in a fabulously over-the-top gold frame! Even better it was small enough to get it home! That and the difference in price is what made me pick it over the Banksy! It looks amazing in pride of place on my 'gallery' wall.

The other present I got - bit of a theme developing here - is a vintage punk rock leather biker's jacket. I found it in Camden market (of course) and it was a right bargain at £45! It stinks of patchouli oil, desperation and bitterness as all aging punks do! It doesn't have any studs on it tho, so that leads me to my dilemma today.

There's a fantastic shop in Noel Street called Kleins, which sells every kinda stud you could ever want and I plan to go and stock up, but its also the day of the G20 protests and whilst I was happy to be an anarchist 30-odd years ago, today I just wanna wear the clothes! I'm wondering if the great unwashed masses with their various agendas will be invading the West End and the tubes? I'm all for public transport to save the environment, but I think I might have to book a car to take me!

Jeez I am so bourgeois!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home