Monday, March 23, 2009

I Feel Goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Soooooooo the sunshine came out finally, and boy have I been making the most of it. Lots of walking around town - I have another motive for that, more later - lots of hanging out with friends, lots of positivity. Oh and I changed my hair colour as you can see from the photo!

I've been brunette for a whole week, and have had waaaaaaaaay more attention than I did in the last year as a blonde! I was trying to work that whole Aggy Deyn look but the reality was I was more Myra Hindley I think! So I bit the bullet and got the ever-patient Patrick to slap some brown dye on, and I love it!

So that was Monday, Tuesday I had a mad dash to Nomad in Russell Square for a pair of Scarpa walking boots.

Wednesday I went to see The Wrestler. I kind of enjoyed it but it was really tragic too. Seeing Mickey Rourke looking the way he does is heartbreaking. Back in the early 80's he was over here making a film called A Prayer For The Dying, and turned up at the Cafe de Paris one Wednesday night.

As every female in the club got a bit sticky all at once, he actually came up to me and complimented me on a Levis jacket I was wearing. It was customised with various bits of Chanel - thanks to my pal Kirsty - and he wanted one. For the rest of the time he was in London, he would turn up at the Cafe, ask for my jacket and we'd have a dance. He was sooooooo gorgeous even tho he was in character as an IRA man, which seemed to comprise of greasy hair and a green parka, and every woman in the room would've run off with him given a chance. This prompted a fair bit of resentment from the other men in the club, especially the good looking ones who would usually be the centre of attention. My old mate Pete Wylie was heard moaning one week 'If he was a UK Subs roadie, nobody would look at him twice!'

It's just really sad to see him looking the way he does now.

Thursday I got myself a bit of culture. Went off to Tate Britain to see the Triennial which unfortunately lived up to the negative criticism. The only real highlight for me was Nathaniel Mellors' GIANTBUM' which made me smile. From there I walked along the Thames to the Tate Modern and saw the Roni Horn show which I did enjoy especially the huge glass sculptures. Across the way was the Rodchenko & Popova show. I really liked Rodchenko's paintings, especially Construction no 104. Even if you didn't know that they were Russian artists, they could only be Russian. Fabulous!

The weekend was spent making the good people of Oxford laugh along with a cracking line-up - Roger D, Otiz Canneloni and Mark Walker - and we all had a good time both nights. They were my first brunette gigs and I reckon they were even more fun than the blonde ones!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home