Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bali... Out Of Sync, But Who Cares?



So last week I flew into Bali with two of my fellow comedians for a gig. For whatever reason, the gig didn't happen and we got three days off on this incredible island.

When I was planning the trip I left a week at the end of it all to go wherever the fancy took me. In the back of my mind at all times was a return to Bali, but as I'd never been here before I was reluctant to commit until I'd actually seen the place.

Suffice to say, within a few minutes I knew this was where I wanted to return for my last week. I made all the arrangements, and went off to do the final three shows in Jakarta. Now some of you will know what happened to that particular plan, and at some point there'll be a blog all about the sorry saga. Not right now though as I am too blissed out and happy to want to dredge up the horrors.

Long story short I was back on the Island within 24 hours of leaving and it's just another life lesson. Things work out the way they're meant to, no matter what you think or try to do.

I've not done too much exploring here, but of course when there's an attraction with the word "monkey" in it, you know I'm there. Turns out not all of the monkeys were living ones.

Over the last couple of years I've been running around the globe and meeting all kinds of people in all kinds of situations, and here on Bali it's all kind of come together.

So far this week I've had two separate girly dinners with two incredible women I've met over the last 12 months. None of us had ever been to Bali before, none of us co-ordinated these dates, but last Saturday saw me sharing life and laughs with an amazing Aussie I met in Kuala Lumpur last year and Monday night was spent with a gorgeous gal I met in OshoWorld in Pune this year.

It's taught me a huge lesson, this world can be whatever you make it - good or bad, big or small, friendly or hostile. I am so blessed to be given all of these opportunities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home