Friday, July 28, 2006

Commuting

So this weekend I'm gigging at a club called Jesters in Bristol. When I took the booking I thought they provided a free hotel, sadly this is not the case. A search on the web produced a list of extortionally priced, below par rooms for hire, or grotty B&B's with shared bathrooms. I'm not precious particularly, but I am far too old to be sharing a lav with strangers!

I'm doing a set both nights, and on first, so I decided to check out the trains. Blimey! There's one running late enough both nights to get me home. How fabulous, I get to sleep in my own bed. Even better, First Great Western have joined in with the single fares programme, so I get to go first class for £40 in the middle of rush hour, and come back in working class for a tenner!

Dunno what the gigs will be like, its been 10 years since I did this club, but I'm happy already.

Had a lovely day yesterday. My comedy chum Gina Yashere came over for brunch and we hung out catching up on each other's news, gossip, and all the rubbish girls talk about when they get together.

She was meant to come for lunch but she got a gig on The Wright Stuff, which is filmed just down the road from me, so it made sense for her to come here straight after. She's just back from doing the Montreal Comedy Festival, which by all accounts she stormed. Its great when your mates do well.

She's doing a tour throughout the autumn, do yourself a favour and get along to see her. Go to www.ginayashere.com for a full list of dates.

On a health note, I'm still dizzy as hell, so if you're in the front row at Jesters tonight, be prepared to catch me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home