Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We're Having a Heatwave

A bleeding tropical one at that!

Even in my luxurious penthouse apartment (second floor flat really but a gal can dream) with all 10 of my windows wide open and the turbo fan on full blast I'm getting a premonition of what menopause will be like!

It's too hot to do anything at all really, except take lots of cool showers, but I have found the perfect soundtrack to make this infernal heat more than tolerable, it's Lily Allen's album Alright Still.

Regular readers will know that I have a connection with Lily, and it was with a bit of trepidation that I sat down to listen to it for the first time. What if it's shit apart from the singles? This is such a common thing with albums for me these days, and it really pisses me off!

Anyway, nice a cool from the shower, glass of cold water in one hand and a fag in the other I put it on....my god, it's brilliant! There's tons of great tracks on it. Her voice is so sweet but listen to the lyrics and blimey! The girl's seen some life in her 21 years. My favourite tracks so far are Alfie, LDN, Little Things, Sunday Morning and Not Big.

Do yourselves a favour folks and get yer ass to HMV or wherever and pick up a copy before the weather breaks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home