Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wallowing? Not me!


So today I woke up still spinning, but although my brain feels like mush in my head, I decided that I'd had enough of being sick, and staying in bed.

I put all the 'dreadful' thoughts right outta my head and cracked on with my day. I did my tai chi, meditated, then set to cleaning the hell outta this flat. Having so many windows and having them open day and night brings in the most obscene amount of dust, plus there's bits of the trees outside that have blown in, and a rather disconcerting amount of bugs who've chosen to come here to die.

Like most girlies I used to freak at the sign of anything with more legs than me in the house, I'd reach for a magazine and swat them either into oblivion or out of the window. Since becomming Buddhist of course, killing anything is out of the question, so I just leave them be. Its like the insect life of west London know that there's a safe haven here, and they all come in to hang out. I've had moths, earwigs, massive queen bees, grasshoppers, ladybirds, and assorted other unidentified flying creatures take up residence.

It's really weird, cos in my BB (before Buddhism) days I'd have felt dirty, uncomfortable, and just plain nasty having so much wildlife in the house, now tho they don't bother me. Once upon a time they were like me, trying to get through life and I guess not doing a very good job of it, hence being reincarnated as a bug! I figure if I'm kind to them, then should I be unlucky enough to come back as a moth or something, then I too might find a safe haven.

Later on, still spinning like a bloody Tasmanian Devil, I headed out to the supermarket. I've got a pal coming for brunch in the morning, and preparing such a meal is a new one on me, so I wanted to stock up on nice healthy goodies for her and I to enjoy.

They're doing a major revamp of my local Sainsbury's, and as I watched those builders toiling away in this godforsaken heat, I said a silent thank you to the comedy god that on days like this I don't have to work! Having said that, Ladbroke Grove does attract some rather fit builders, all with their tops off and their tanned torsos rippling in the heat made for a very pleasant sight. I was quite happy when the cab company told me I'd have a 15 minute wait....what fabulous eye candy!

One other cool thing happened today, I got a text from John Simmit offering me some gigs on the Black comedy circuit. I've only done one of his gigs before but I loved it. Guess I'm gonna be the Aisleen of the British comedy scenen from now on. *Kisses teeth* Innit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home