Friday, August 04, 2006

Hoots Mon!

Apologies to any Scots readers, but I couldn't think of another title!

The Edinburgh Festival is in full swing, and tons of my mates are up there doing their shows. I'm hoping to get up there in a couple of weeks' time for two or three days, and the list of shows I want to see is enormous! They include:

Talk Radio Starring Phil Nichol and a host of fabulous comedians including Stephen K Amos. It's Stewart Lee's version of the Eric Bogosian show/movie. Phil is perfect for the title role and I can't wait to see it.

Andrew Maxwell's show should be a corker too, he's been at the top of his game for the last few years.

Bill Bailey's Steampunk promises to be a must-see, Bill could stand onstage scratching his ass for 60 mins and I'd be laughing like a maniac.

Plus any or all of the following:

Carey Marx, Demetri Martin, Doug Stanhope, Ian Stone, Jeff Innocent, Jim Jeffries, Jock Scott and Gareth Sager (former punk poet and Rip Rig and Panic's mainman), Marcus Brigstocke (both his solo show and the Early Edition with Andre Vincent), Owen O'Neill, Rich Hall (both his stand-up and Levelland), Sean Collins, Simon Munnery, Stephen K Amos, Terry Alderton, True West (Tom Stade and Dave Johns doing proper acting), and Will Smith.

Jeez is that gonna be possible in 72 hours??????? When will I find time to lig and talk bollocks with industry people????? I'm knackered just at the thought of it!

In other news, while the above and about 500 more are busy turning Edinburgh into Comedy Summer Camp, I shall be entertaining the good folks at Watford Jongleurs tonight and tomorrow...not sure who I'm working with but it's a lively gig and one that's made all the more pleasurable by it's proximity to my home thanks to Silverlink!

One final thing, I had my hair cut this week, I've spent the last 4 years growing it and got it halfway down my back, longer than I've ever had it in my life. The recent heatwave took all the pleasure out of having long hair as I spent four weeks with it shoved up on the top of my head with a clip. So on Monday I bit the bullet and had it cut into a really cute little bob. It makes me look young, fresh and innocent...which is a pleasant change from the bedhead slut look I've been working for the last few years.

I hadn't seen too many of them floating about, so it was nice to be a bit original. That was Monday. By Tuesday I started hearing stories about Posh having had her hair cut, into a bob, today I saw a photo. Damn! Now everyone is gonna think I copied her!!!!!!!

Still at least I didn't have to have mine done cos I was going bald!

Enjoy the weekend folks xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home