Sunday, October 22, 2006

Running Off At The Mouth

So, I'm back from my weekend at The Glee Club in Birmingham and what an amazing weekend it was in all kinds of ways.

I was on with a fantastic bunch of people - Adam Bloom, Ian Stone, Nick Revell(Thursday) and Richard Morton (Friday & Saturday) - all of whom made me laugh myself silly.

In additon to them, over at 'the Scottish club' as Jongleurs Birmingham is known, there was Jeff Innocent, Simon Clayton and Otiz Canneloni, so Brum was like Comedy Central. On Friday afternoon as I was buying a coffee in Starbucks I spotted Otiz, so we had a coffee and a natter. He's one of my favourite acts ever to watch, and a really top bloke, he even wrote a gag for me!

On Saturday, Ian, Otiz, Richard and myself were joined very briefly by the lovely Susan Murray who'd stopped off on her way from Manchester to London, all very sociable.

The Glee Club family were minus one member sadly, the lovely Alasdair was at the club in Cardiff, but Griffy, Sharon et al more that made up for his absence.

The four shows we did were all sooooo brilliant and relaxed that I found myself just opening my gob and lots of funny come spilling out, most of the time its stuff that works on the night but I may never be able to use again but there's some bits from this weekend's ad libbing that will grow into great bits, so I am really chuffed.

I managed not to blow my entire wages in Selfridges and Harvey Nicks which is a good thing and came up with two great new bits of material, so all in all, an incredibly positive few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home