Thursday, January 18, 2007

Out Of Chaos Comes A Miracle

Sooooooo its a Stormy Thursday and I have to get a train to Bristol.

I keep an eye on the rail websites and they say there's disruption but nothing specific. Then I get a call from Jongleurs asking me how I'm getting there. I tell em the train, and then decide to get to Paddington early to make sure I can get there on time.

The concourse looks like a scene from the fall of Saigon, hundreds of people all staring up, only they're not looking for helicopters to take them out, they're scanning the noticeboards for information.

I join the massive queue to speak to a First Great Western employee and that's when the miracle happens. I found an honest one!!!!!!! His advice was simple...'don't even bother trying to get out of London today, unless its a life or death thing'.

Looks like I have an unexpected night off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home