Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Racist? No. Ageist? Definitely!

So the furore continues over the 'racist' attacks perpetuated by Jade, Danielle and Jo against Shilpa Shetty. Gordon Brown and Tony Blair have commented in Parliament about it, there's street protests in India (fueled purely by newspaper reports), and everyone and their dog is getting stuck in. So here's my view of it as someone who sadly gets hooked on Big Brother every damn time, no matter how hard I resist.

I really don't believe it is racism that is fuelling them. I think its jealousy and ignorance added to a clash of cultures and Shilpa is not the innocent little victim she claims to be. She was telling Danielle yesterday that she was fine and felt that everything between her and the girls was ok, when minutes before she'd been playing the poor me act to Jermaine, Dirk and H from Steps.

What I am seeing is 3 silly little girls who are being allowed to run riot and I don't see anyone stopping them. There are 3 grown men in there all it would take is one word from one of them and this would all stop. Dirk was in the A-Team ffs! Surely they'd listen to him????

What I find really appaling is C4's lack of action. I heard on the news they got one million extra viewers last night, so even tho Carphone Warehouse are making noises about withdrawing their £3 million sponsorship deal, I'm sure in business terms this is all good news. I hope Carphone Warehouse don't pull out, that voice over gig makes my mate Ed Byrne a ton of cash!

Anyway there's something else far more sinister going on in this year's house and that's the major fibbing that's going on when it comes to people's ages. I love Cleo Roccos, she's really sweet and looking fabulous and was lovely when I met her years ago, but she's claiming to be 44!

I'm 45 and I watched her as Ms Whiplash on Kenny Everett when I was a kid, so how can she be a year younger than me now???? I was talking to 'someone in the know' yesterday and the story is she hasn't just knocked a couple of years off her age but a full decade!!!!!!!!

Whatever age she is, she is gorgeous with a great figure, so why lie? I've never understood these female celebs who do and I've always been upfront about my advancing years, but its getting me nowhere, so now I've taken a leaf out of Cleo's book and done that Age: 99 thing that loads of people seem to do on MySpace.

And from now on, if anyone asks my age I shall say 35. Look out for me on the next series of Big Brother!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home