Thursday, February 01, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Sooooo Tuesday night saw me heading off to The Comedy pub next door to The Comedy Store to toast Rhys Darby and his gorgeous missus Rosie as they fly off to NYC to begin a new chapter in their lives. It was a cracking turn out.

The antipodean mob were out in force - Jim Jeffries, Al Pitcher, Jared Christmas - but the Irish and UK contingent was well represented by the likes of Andre Vincent, Mickey Hutton, Stephen K Amos, Ed Byrne, Adam Bloom and Dara O'Briain and a ton more. They'll be much missed.

I had to leave early to do a gig at The Comedy Camp up the road, and I have to say I wasn't overly excited. I still have a fear of offending when I do gay gigs. I really should stop worrying. I had a fantastic gig, ad-libbing all over the shop and teasing the lesbians...great fun.

On the front row was Josh from Big Brother 2 (the year Brian Dowling won). I remember when he was one of the 3 people voted into the house halfway through, I thought how cute he was. I can report that he is even more gorgeous now! Honestly, doing these gigs is like staring into a sweet shop window that's covered with barbed wire! No entry for me sadly.

Anyway, today I am off to Cardiff to do The Glee Club for the weekend and I am really looking forward to it, great line-up and lots of old friends...perfect.

Whatever you're up to, have a good one folks xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home