Monday, January 22, 2007

Challenges

Soooo this weekend was a first. After the damp squib that was Thursday's failed attempt to go to Bristol and tell jokes, I was apprehensive on Friday as to whether or not I'd get to Nottingham.

The weather gods were on my side and I did. I arrived with time for a little nap before heading back to the station and getting a train to Leicester for the first of my two gigs. The bill at Leicester was fantastic, my two brothers that I never had aka The Raymond and Mr Timkins Review, baby-faced Jason Manford as MC and the scarily funny Rhod Gilbert. I had to follow Rhod and I wasn't looking forward to that!

Jason did an excellent job and got the room just perfect. Rhod had a cracker and I had one of my best gigs ever! I was on such a high as I jumped into the cab to Nottingham to close the show there. By the time I arrived, the high had been replaced by nerves. This was my first time closing Nottingham Jongleurs, and it is one of the more "lively" clubs.

Another great line-up here in the shape of Dougie Dunlop, Stephano Paolini and Martin BigPig as MC. I certainly was blessed with the choice of comperes this weekend, both Jason and Martin are top flight. The room was a bit low energy but I had a lovely time. All I had to do was do it all again on Saturday.

Saturday morning I watched the previous night's Big Brother and felt really uncomfortable watching Jade realise the impact of her actions. I spent the day chilling and did the trek to Leicester again.

I felt there was no way I could have as good a time as last night but, bugger me I did! The journey to Nottingham was painless and after applying another layer of lippy it was time to wrap this double-up weekend off. Martin brought me on and I just ran with it. I felt like I a star, for the first time ever closing a gig I felt like it was my right to be there, and I loved every second of it!

So that was my first Jongleurs double-up, a total success, and while it was a bit stressful, not overwhelmingly so. Roll on the next one!

Today began with some life changing news, I don't want to go into all the details now, but you will hear about it in good time.

Life is an amazing thing folks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home