Friday, January 19, 2007

Racism...A Rethink

A couple of days ago I wrote that I didn't think that Jade's behaviour in the CBB house was fueled by racism.

Having watched tonight's show I no longer think that. I don't think she's a card carrying member of the BNP but she is ignorant and her remarks about Shilpa's surname were most definitely racist.

I suspect someone has had a work in the three bullies' ears too cos Jade denied being 'racial' in the Diary Room and the other two suddenly had some perspective on what it must be like for Shilpa coming over to do this show.

What I found most intriguing - apart from the obvious lack of Carphone Warehouse ads - was that they didn't give the phone numbers to evict either Jade or Shilpa after the show as they always do when people are up for eviction. They did give out the numbers on Big Mouth, which of course has far fewer viewers...maybe they just 'forgot'.

To be really honest, and I speak as someone who has watched ever single Big Brother avidly, even the really boring year when Cameron won, I think Channel 4 should just pull the plug on the rest of this one, and I think Endemol need to seriously rethink their agenda with this show.

Racism is the most horrific of crimes in my book - stop this now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home