Monday, October 22, 2007

Two Good Flights On Easyjet...SHOCKA!!!!!!!

Sooooo last Thursday I made my way to glamourous Luton Airport for my flight to Glasgow.

You know how sometimes everything just runs smoothly when you're travelling? You don't? Me neither, usually. If it's not delayed trains or planes, it's numpty jobsworths at the airport giving you grief over nothing, or a wait for your luggage at the other end that's longer than the actual flight.

Not this time tho! Oh no, I got to the airport about 15 minutes before check in opened for my flight and instead of the mass queues, there were just a few people milling about, the nice man even let me check-in early without mentioning the fact that he was behaving in a perfectly rational way, something Easyjet are not famed for let's be honest.

As I made my way up to the security check, again no massive queue, and relative sanity from the staff there. I was wearing a pair of Nike Air Max with the air bubble in the sole making them completely see-through and, whilst I've worn these same shoes at many other airports, the guy at Luton could plainly see there was no bomb in there so I didn't even have to take my shoes off.

The flight was called at the correct time, boarding was painless, and we even took off on time! A first. We landed a few minutes ahead of schedule, and weren't kept hanging around for ages, and within minutes of arriving at the baggage reclaim, my case came tumbling out of the carousel. A miracle.

The gigs were cracking all three nights. Mind you, it was a great line-up. Me as MC, James Dowdswell, Johnny Candon and Mark Walker...all three of whom tore it up each night. The lovely Patrick who runs Glasgow Jongleurs made it all flow smoothly, and the audiences were fab.

Dave Johns and Ben Hurley were also in town, appearing at The Stand, and they came over for a drink on Thursday night. It's been a while since I saw Dave so it was great to catch up. On Friday, the whole gang of us met up for lunch. There was lots of good natured ribbing and lots of laughs, it was great fun.

Travelling home yesterday, I didn't allow myself to dream that we might have a hassle free trip back, but bugger me, we did! Again my case was amongst the first few outta the hole too!

I love it when a plan comes together!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home