Sunday, November 11, 2007

Feels Like Years...

Since I've been in my own home.

I had a few fantastic days with my Dad 'ooop North' then went over to Manchester to do a couple of gigs at the Opus Lounge.

The weather was freezing, but I got a smoking room with good central heating at the hotel, so it was all good really.

Friday night's gig was pretty bleak, something in the chemistry between the acts, the MC and the audience just didn't gel, but I got a few laughs and to be really honest I know when it's my fault and when it ain't, so I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Saturday was a gazillion times better, I rocked it and it felt great! Even met someone after the show who wants to book me for some other work - let's hope it comes off.

During the day on Saturday I met up with some of the guys who were on at the Comedy Store - Mike Gunn and his gorgeous wife, Sean Collins who's just become a dad (congrats!), Alun Cochrane, Ian Stone and Simon Clayton who was on at the Opus with me. We went to The Living Room and had a fantastic lunch, once they'd sorted out a table for us all.

I also hit the shops in a big way. The Primark in Manchester is mahoooosive, and I got all kinds of stuff, so much stuff in fact that I had to buy an overnight bag to get the stuff home! I also gave into my handbag addiction in Harvey Nicks...the gold snakeskin Mulberry Mabel is now in my possession...it's soooooo over the top! I feel like Nancy Del Olio - pure flashy eurotrash!

The journey home today was painless too, which is always a bonus, read the papers, listened to my iPod, drank the free coffee...perfect.

I'm not out of town for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to being at home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home