Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mixed Blessings

So back from Cardiff in one piece inspite of staying at the world's worst hotel aka The Big Sleep.

The gigs were fantastic and I was on with a great bunch of guys, Nic Coppin who I'd never met before and who did a sterling job as MC, the lovely Michael Mee whose gentle comedy style is a joy to watch, and the inimitable Raymond and Mr Timkins Review. Sadly they couldn't get a hotel in Cardiff due to Mr Calzaghe doing his boxing thing in town, so we didn't get to have lunch together yesterday. I say sadly, it was lucky for them cos they got to stay in the Marriott in Bristol the jammy sods!

The one positive thing about staying in that place was their smoking ban meant I only smoked about 30 fags in 48 hours which is about half of what I'd normally smoke, so I guess my lungs are grateful. The downside was that I didn't want to spend a second longer in there than I had to so spent an hour sitting outside Cardiff Central station this morning waiting for my train.

I also spent most of yesterday going in and out of every single shop on the high street, and managed to achieve yet another first. As regular readers know, I've been big for most of my life and one of the biggest parts of my body - apart from my stomach - were my calves. This meant that I've never been able to get a pair of knee high boots to fit me. Well, all that changed on Saturday when I got my first ever pair of long boots!!!!!! They're gorgeous!

After I'd finished on Friday night I nipped down to the Glee Club to see the guys there, and had the best treat cos my mate Jane was there. I haven't seen her in at least a year and she was gobsmacked at my transformation. I didn't see any of the guys performances cos we were having such a great girly chat in the dressing room, but with a line up consisting of Craig Campbell, Nick Doody and Steve Gribben I'm pretty sure they all tore the room up.

Another bonus this morning was that Gribbo was catching the same train as me, so the journey passed in no time at all. It was great to see him and catch up.

So all in all, apart from the hotel (which blessed us with a redundant fire alarm at 4am this morning - I didn't get up, these days I wait till I can smell smoke) it was a fantastic weekend.

Thanks everyone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home