Thursday, April 10, 2008

Last Night

I was lucky enough to be invited to go to the Teenage Cancer Trust comedy night at the Royal Albert Hall.

Hosted by Noel Fielding, and featuring as he put it his 'friends, who are basically a bunch of freaks'. It sure wasn't the kinda comedy night I'm used to performing at! I was really glad I wasn't on the bill boy!

The audience were 90% Mighty Boosh fans and 10% people who wanted a laugh and to contribute to a brilliant cause. The Booshies only laughed at comedians who'd been on the TV show, which meant an agonising 10 minutes that felt like an hour for at least one poor f**ker.

Razorlight did an unplugged version of America (which I like) and another song (which I don't), Noel did tons of stand-up in an assortment of fabulous outfits, and was just generally as charming and lovely as he always has been.

I remember him and Julian from when they first started out, before they got together, and they've just always been top blokes. It was funny seeing the double takes they both did when they saw me last night... I guess I do look a bit different!

So this morning I am all excited cos I get to do a bit more travelling this weekend. Tonight it's Birmingham Jongleurs and tomorrow and Saturday Cardiff. There's two fabulous hotels laid on, which is a bonus after the dirty Ibis in Leicester last weekend, I'm looking forward to having a nice soak in the bath, and hanging out with some cool people.

Whatever you're up to, make the most of it xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home