Thursday, October 30, 2008

(No) Sex And The City

Ooooh I am feeling very Carrie Bradshaw right now, sitting at an outdoors table at Starbucks in the KLCC Twin Towers shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, watching the people and the dancing fountains, and sipping on a Frappucino.



Yep, still here folks, and now that things finally seem to be healing I am beginning to really acclimatise myself to this city. It hasn’t rained for days now, and the temperature just keeps creeping up and up towards 100 degrees (farenheit obviously, it never seems as hot in celsius!).

I’ve been getting out and about a whole lot more. Doing more walking and even a little bit of exercise - nothing that affects my legs or midriff in a negative way of course - but doing some stretching, some bicep curls using the small bottles of mineral water as weights, stuff like that. Feels good. After the hell of last week I feel like I’m coming back to life.

A big part of that of course is doing a bit of shopping. I’ve been seeking out the cooler shops and looking for stuff I would actually wear back home, as opposed to the 20 Ringit Kaftans which I now realise were a total ‘sun on the back of the head’ purchase. Still, they’ll make good nighties, if I wore nighties.

I got a fabulous pair of Adidas retro trackie bottoms tho, not even fake - real ones! - they look like a pair of kid’s ones they’re so tiny but now that most of the swelling has gone down they fit brilliantly! I also got a wonderful pair of skinny jeans from Zara (see? I am so not going native any more!) which are size 8 with no stretch in em, unlike the size 6 Uniqlo ones I wear back home.

These are just proper denim and they are loose on the butt and thighs and not even tight on the waist! Best of all, when I sit down in them there’s no overspill of loose flesh cascading over the top!!!! It feels really weird. I keep looking down at myself and wondering who the hell this body belongs to! I have never had a figure like this before, the only bit of me - apart from my fabulous tits - that sticks out is my belt buckle!!!

I saw the amazing Dr J yesterday for a check up and while the wounds are not completely dry, they are healing really well now, thank god, he said he was glad I wasn’t flying out yesterday, cos now he could monitor it right to the end of the healing process. I said I was glad about that too - especially as I keep seeing pictures on BBC World News showing snow and people bundled up! - and that I reckoned I should get some free Botox to erase the signs of trauma of the previous week. He smiled and said ok, so on Saturday I’ll be getting rid of the wrinkles round my eyes and the “laughter” lines round my gob apparently.

Sometimes it pays to be cheeky eh?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home