Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And Now The End Is Near...

My extended trip to Malaysia appears to be coming to an end. I've checked out of the hotel, settled my bill which was far less than I anticipated, and collected an assortment of painkillers, sleeping pills and medical letters for everyone from my insurance company, to my GP, to the check in desk at Malaysia Airlines.

The latter is the most optimistic in my opinion. Its one from Dr J asking for a medical upgrade. I hope it works cos between you and me the thoughts of sitting in a cramped economy seat - even with the extra room now that I am smaller than I was - for 14 hours is pretty scary. If I sit for more than 30 minutes my legs start to hurt, so gawd knows what a flight to London will do for em!

Other than that, I had my final consulation with Dr Jalil last night - at 10pm! - and he reckons that it will all heal up, its just gonna take time. Yet more lessons in patience eh?

I managed to get everything I accumulated over the month here into my fabulous new case, but my god it weighs a ton! I'm going to the airport early in the vain hope that I can check it in without having to pay excess baggage! I've barely begun to think about how the hell I am gonna get it up the stairs to my flat at 7am tomorrow morning!

I would like to use this space to give props to people like Endang, Noor, Fera, Stella and Jasmine, along with the other GG staff for taking such good care of me and making what's been a 'trying' experience fairly bearable. Cheers girls x

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home